Runnings Return and Exchange Policy
What is the Runnings Return Policy?
Items purchased in store or on Runnings.com may be returned or exchanged at any store location. All returns and exchanges must be completed within 60 days with a copy of your receipt. Returns and exchanges must be in their original manufacturer's packaging. Click here to find a Runnings store near you. If you prefer, contact us at 1-844-RUN-1947 or info
@runnings.com for assistance. Please have a copy of your receipt or order confirmation handy.
Our support staff is available M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm Central. Any questions received outside of these hours will be addressed the following business day.
Are there any return or exchange exceptions?
- Some chemicals may be returned in unopened condition. State and local rules apply.
- New outdoor and gas-powered equipment (including, but not limited to: mowers, chainsaws, blowers, tillers, trimmers, and pressure washers) must be returned within 30 days and be completely empty of any flammable liquid. Manufacturer’s warrantee otherwise applies – see owner’s manual.
- Sporting goods electronics are non-refundable. Units determined to be defective will be returned to the Mfg for you and are subject the manufactures warranty repair or replacement.
- All sales are final on all cut merchandise such as chain, rope, vinyl tubing, etc.
- All sales are final on any type of ammunition.
- All firearm sales are final.
- All clothing returns must have all original tags attached and may not have been washed or worn.
- Runnings gift cards cannot be returned or redeemed for cash or credit except where required by law.
Will my refund be credited to the original payment method used for the purchase?
All returns will be credited to the original form of payment. Gift cards will be awarded as refund for any cash or check purchase over $50.00. Charge and credit purchases are returned under the same tender as purchased. It may take up to seven business days to see this credit on your statement.
Can an item purchased online be returned or exchanged in a Runnings store?
You may return or exchange online purchases at one of our store locations. Please bring your purchase along with the packing slip you received with your shipment and a government-issued photo I.D. Items must be returned within 60 days of the date you received your order. Return items that were not received in damaged condition must be in new, unused, and resalable condition.
How can I return or exchange an item purchased online?
In order to return your online purchase, you must have a valid Runnings packing slip, which will have accompanied your purchase. If you don’t have a packing slip, please contact us. To return your online purchase for a refund, please ship your item in new, unused, and resalable condition within 60 days of the date your order is received. If you wish to exchange your online purchase to receive a new item, please indicate this on your packing slip. The customer is responsible for all return shipping costs on non-defective items (items ordered incorrectly by the purchaser).
Can I print a receipt on Runnings.com?
- Sign into your account on Runnings.com.
- Click on “My Order History” within the member area.
- Find the order for which you wish to print a receipt and click “View Receipt.”
- Select “Print Now,” which will appear in the top right corner of the pop-out box.
My package was damaged upon arrival. What should I do?
If your package arrives damaged or defective, please note this on the shipping receipt and refuse delivery. You will have the option to have a replacement item shipped to you or refunded for the order (including shipping costs). Should you discover your items to be damaged or defective after opening, please call us at 1-844-RUN-1947 or email info
@runnings.com for customer support. Often a manufacturer requests a direct contact from the consumer on defects and warrantee – see your owner’s manuals or item information for details.
Can I return footwear?
Can footwear be returned after use?
We cannot accept returns after shoes are soiled or show wear other than defects in materials and workmanship. No adjustments will be made on any footwear with mud, animal waste, or excessive foreign residue on the uppers or soles. Be sure the shoes you purchased fit comfortably before you wear them. If there is any doubt about the fit or comfort, take the shoes home and wear them on the carpet in clean surroundings. Due to varying wear and use of footwear, there is no length of wear guaranteed on uppers, eyelets, or soles except where offered by the manufacturer. In the case of footwear, we suggest that protective rubber footwear be worn when exposed to animal waste, chemicals, acid, and moisture. Leather care products should always be used for longer wear.
If I return a gift purchased at a Runnings store with a gift receipt, how will I receive a refund?
Gift receipts allow recipients to receive Runnings gift cards when they return the items.
*Return policy is subject to change without Notice. All returns should be accompanied by a receipt. A government-issued photo I.D. is required for all exchanges and returns. Management reserves the right to refuse the value of any return based on the conditions of the item and packaging of the item being returned.