With the same power and weight as the MS 460, it offers up to 20% less fuel consumption, meaning you can spend less time refueling and less money on fuel. This durable chain saw also features high torque over a broad RPM range to deliver professional performance. The heavy-duty HD-2 filter element provides longer run times between air filter maintenance. Wrap handle (MS 461 R) and severe cold weather (VW) versions are also available.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers: Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
Manufacturer's Part Number: #MS 461 25 IMS
|Type of Product||Professional Chainsaw|
|Color||Orange / White / Black|
|Warranty||Personal Use- 1 Year / Professional Use- 3 months|
|Power Rating||4.4 kW (5.9 bhp)|
|Fuel Capacity||800 cc (27.1 oz.)|
|Displacement||76.5 cc (4.7 cu. in.)|
|Powerhead Weight||6.6 kg (14.6 lbs.)|
|Chain Oil Capacity||325 cc (11.0 oz.)|
|OILOMATIC® Chain||33 RS3|
|Guidebar Lengths||40 to 80 cm (16" to 32") Recommended|