With an advanced low-emission engine technology, the STIHL MS 391 mid-range chain saw improves fuel efficiency by up to 20% compared to previous models. The new air filtration system requires fewer filter changes, allowing for longer run times. Improved fuel efficiency and fewer filter changes save you time and money.
- Built in the USA
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System: This time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine’s filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers: Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
Manufacturer's Part Number: #MS 391 20 IMS
|Type of Product||Farm & Ranch Chainsaw|
|Color||Orange / White / Black|
|Warranty||Personal Use- 1 Year / Professional Use- 3 months|
|Power Rating||3.3 kW (4.4 bhp)|
|Fuel Capacity||600 cc (20.3 oz.)|
|Displacement||64.1 cc (3.9 cu. in.)|
|Powerhead Weight||6.2 kg (13.67 Ibs.)|
|Chain Oil Capacity||350 cc (11.8 oz.)|
|OILOMATIC® Chain||3/8" RS3|
|Guidebar Lengths||40 to 50 cm (16" to 20") Recommended|