Equipped with the Easy2Start™ system and a quick chain adjuster, the MS 291 C-BEQ reduces the strength needed to start the engine and allows the user to adjust saw chain tension without the use of tools. The low-emission and fuel-efficient engine increases run time between refueling by 20% over the previous model and reduces fuel consumption. But don’t let that fool you, the MS 291 C-BEQ packs plenty of power for felling, firewood cutting and storm cleanup. The additional chain braking feature is designed to help reduce the risk of injury. This mid-range, operator-friendly chainsaw is an excellent choice.
- Built in the USA
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus (Q) - an additional chain braking feature: STIHL offers an additional, manually-activated chain brake on some models. This system is designed to engage when the operator’s right hand completely releases the rear handle, stopping the chain within one second.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B): The Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B) allows the user to adjust the tension of the chain without the use of tools. This allows for easy chain adjustment.
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System: This time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine’s filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers: Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
Manufacturer's Part Number: #MS 291 C-BEQ 18
|Type of Product||Farm & Ranch Chainsaw|
|Color||Orange / White / Black|
|Warranty||Personal Use- 1 Year / Professional Use- 3 months|
|Power Rating||2.8 kW (3.76 bhp)|
|Fuel Capacity||500 cc (16.9 oz.)|
|Displacement||55.5 cc (3.39 cu. in.)|
|Powerhead Weight||6.2 kg (13.7 lbs.)|
|Chain Oil Capacity||240 cc (8.12 oz.)|
|OILOMATIC® Chain||.325 RM3|
|Guidebar Lengths||40 to 50 cm (16" to 20") Recommended|