Homeowners and tree care professionals now have a quiet, zero-exhaust emission, low vibration option for trimming overhead branches. The STIHL HTA 85 Lithium-Ion battery pole pruner offers lightweight, balanced cutting thanks to its brushless, commercial-grade, high-torque electric motor. Part of the STIHL Battery KombiSystem, the HTA 85 runs on the same interchangeable battery system as other STIHL Lithium-Ion tools and offers long run times on a single charge – up to three hours depending on which battery – with no gradual drop in performance. The HTA 85 telescopes to 12 feet for those tall tree-trimming tasks and requires minimal maintenance since it has no engine or filter. Best of all, there’s no gasoline cost and no restrictive power cords. Recommended Battery (sold separately): AP 180 - up to 40 min.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology -Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle helps makes it easier to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle
- Telescoping Pole: With an adjustable shaft, telescoping pole pruners can cut branches up to 16 feet above ground
- Patented Low Emission, Fuel-Efficient Engine reduces exhaust emissions while saving on fuel costs
- Clip for Strap or Harness enables more even weight distribution and greater comfort
- Ematic™ Guide Bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler allows the operator to concentrate on cutting rather than bar and chain lubrication
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner for easy chain adjustment
- STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain is manufactured exclusively by STIHL
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation
- Reduced Vibration for enhanced user comfort
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running
- Heavy-Duty Steel on Steel Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill
Manufacturer's Part Number: #HTA 85
|Type of Product||Professional Pole Pruner|
|Color||Silver / Orange / Black|
|Run Time||Up to 40 Minutes (with AP 180)|