Built with the same features as the BR 500, this professional backpack blower has excellent blowing power and greater fuel efficiency— thanks to our low emissions engine. Fitted with a rounded tube design that keeps you from getting hung up on trees or shrubs, this gas leaf blower also boasts lower vibration levels and a simplified starting procedure. A good value backpack blower for the demanding professional landscaper and grounds maintenance crew.
- Built in the USA
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology-Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Adjustable Support Harness: STIHL backpack blowers and sprayers are equipped with an adjustable support harness that distributes weight evenly across the shoulders and back, reducing user fatigue
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove without tools for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant
- Helper Handle for added air direction control and vacuum use
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright for easy filling.
- Long-Life Cylinders give maximum wear life, better cleaning, and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement
- Superior Balance and Design help reduce fatigue and make handling easy
- Smooth, Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting, smoother running and no periodic maintenance
- Adjustable Tube lets the operator choose the length that is right for them
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to complete tasks without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Adjustable Support Harness distributes weight evenly across the shoulders and back, reducing user fatigue
- Foot Pad for stability when starting
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Maintains RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Heavy-Duty Pleated Air Filter
- Heavy-Duty Crankshaft for durability
- Back Pad for enhanced comfort during extended use
- Swivel Air Tube Elbow for directional control of air
Manufacturer's Part Number: #BR 550
|Type of Product||Professional Backpack Blower|
|Color||Orange / White / Black|
|Power Rating||2.5 kW (3.4 bhp)|
|Fuel Capacity||1400 cc (47.3 oz)|
|Displacement||64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.) |
|Max Air Flow Rate||With Tube: 900 m3/h (530 cfm)
Without Tube: 1490 m3/h (877 cfm)|
|Max Air Velocity||89 m/sec. (199 mph)|
|Decibel Level||73 dB(A)|